Avoid an Audit.
Team Up with Action Tax and Implement the
Action Tax 10 Step Process to become Audit Proof!
14 Ways to Avoid an Audit from the IRS
- Have a professional do your tax return
- Not being Self-Employed, even if you are….
- Don’t guess. Record actual numbers which are reasonable
- Don’t amend return without a great reason
- Pay any bill you get from the IRS timely, stay out of their radar
- Account for everything the first time
- Don’t claim flaky deductions
- Keep Excellent Records
- Report all income
- Make sure income matches what is reported to State
- Make sure payroll and payroll taxes match between IRS and State Agencies
- Avoid too high, or out of the ordinary, deductions
- Don’t claim zero or negative income
- Too many round numbers on a tax return